A continuous formation guided towards the professional Urban Dance scene.
3 hours per week of Urban Dance training, techniques and theory to push motivated dancers to accumulate the tools necessary to follow Urban Dance as a career path.
ARTMOXIA project leader Lakesshia Pierre Colon of Ör Pür Dance Company co-ordinates the program over a 10 month, 35 week period that consists of multiple elements of the professional dance world.
Each month a different instructor takes charge of the trainings focusing on various aspects of training, self-discovery, self-development and creation skills.
Once a month a guest mentor representing renowned Urban Dance companies in Montreal such as Ör Pür, VicVersa, and more give a theory workshop or dance formation focused on important skills required to prepare dancers for future auditions, creative research, choreography, concepts, solos and more.
During the 2nd half of the project, a collective piece of 20 minutes is created with the leadership of Lakesshia Pierre Colon.
Formation ARTMOXIA is open to a limit of 13 dancers only and requires an audition.
Applicants must be:
– 15-17yrs or 18yrs+
(ARTMOXIA will be instructing some formations collectively and other formations will be divided into youth/adult categories.)
– Training a minimum of 6-8 hours per week in at least one Urban Dance style.
– Dedicated, punctual, motivated.
– In adequate physical ability to endure intensive training.
– Willing to push their mental, physical and imaginative boundaries with an open mind and full co-operation.
– Available and consistently present for the entirety of the 10 month program.
TECHNIQUES & TRAINING:
Hip-Hop: Lakesshia Pierre Colon
House: Junior Dorsaint & Rweg Dantiste
Adult Creation: Lakesshia Pierre Colon
– VicVersa (Victoria McKenzie)
– Helen Simard